With the continuous rainfall and snow in the Land of Israel since the end of December 2012, again our hearts are quickened by the prospects that this will become a confirmation that the days of the messiah have truly come as spoken by the prophets of old.
Joel 2:23 – “Be glad then ye children of Zion and rejoice in the Lord your God: for He hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month” [Thus Nissan and the beginning of Pesach (Passover) season].
Zechariah 10:1 – Ask the Lord for Rain in the time of the Latter Rain. The Lord will make flashing clouds; He will give them Showers of Rain, Grass in the Field for Everyone.
For the Lost Ten Tribes of Israel, this time of the “Latter Rain” will become an era in which the identity and reality of the Lost Ten Tribes of the House of Israel will become fully realized to both the Jewish rabbanim and to the Lost Ten Tribes, and they begin to accept a new identity that they also have a chosen purpose and destiny in life.
At this time, it will bring them to the forefront of the redemption, reformation, and reconciliation movement that the only family of people that they belong to is the Jewish people of the House of Judah. Together, they will become a spiritual force field of prayer to the Divine of gratitude to the Divine with the realization that with the centuries’ long drought that has dominated the landscape of Israel has broken. So also the long domination that has gone on also for centuries of the Jewish people as an oppressed people will be over. They also can now accept their new mandate of life; to become the dominate global civilization on Planet Earth; a mediator between the G-d of Israel and the peoples on Planet Earth.
The time of the Latter Rain has long been recognized by the sages of Judah as being a divine sign of the “end days” before the “coming of the messiah.” Yet, we ask, why is this important? According to the sages of Judah, when the “latter rain” does arrives, it means that the guela (redemption) that will come in bi’etah (in its divinely chosen time) has now arrive, and now is the time for certain actions on the part of the Jews and the Lost Tribes to happen. So what are they?
Snow over Jerusalem and the Eastern Gate of the Temple Mount – January 8, 2013
According to Rashi, this is the time to request the “latter rain if you need it.” According to Redak, if you make your request at the time of the latter rain, HaShem will make “lightning: HE will immediately hearken to your prayer and make lightning and give rain.” If it is divine signs that you need, those signs will be manifested for those can “see”.
During the last era of the Temple of Herod period, one of the most famous of the rabbanim in the era of the “Tannaim” was Rabbi Yochanan ben Zakai. This was the rabbinic era whose spiritual views and enlightenment were preserved and record in the Jewish Mishnah between the 210 years between the dates of 10-220 CE, or what is called the “Mishnaic Period” that followed the era of the “Zugot ("pairs"); the era of the famous rabbis, Hillel the Great and Shammai the Great and their Torah seminaries called the Beit Hillel and Beit Shammai.
Today, Rabbi Yochanan ben Zakai’s tomb is located in Tiberias, in the region of Galilee locted in the burial compound of Maimonides. Known for his active defense of Pharisee rabbinic scholarship in Torah Law against the Sadducee interpretations of halakhah, it was he who prevented the Jewish Sadducee high priest from enacting and following through the Sadducee interpretation of the Red Heifer ritual in the closing days of the Roman siege in Jerusalem.
In the last few weeks before the final assault of the Roman legions upon Jerusalem, Rabbi Yochanan escaped from Jerusalem hidden within a coffin, seeking to negotiate peace with the Roman military commander, General Vespasian. At the time, he correctly predicted that Vespasian would become the next Roman Emperor and that the Temple of Herod would soon be destroyed even though Vespasian did not want it to be harmed.
In return, Vespasian granted this great rabbi three wishes;
- To save the rabbinic hometown of Yavne along with its Jewish rabbinic sages;
- That the descendants of Rabban Gamliel, who as Nasi of the Great Sanhedrin were descendants of King David, would also be saved and spared; and
- That a Roman physician would be sent to treat Rabbi Tzadok (Zadok), who had been fasting for 40 years, since 30 CE, to stave off the destruction of the City of Jerusalem.
We are closing now almost two millenniums since the days of Rabbi Yochanan ben Zakai, but his prophecies as preserved in the Talmud Sanhedrin 97a, concerning the last seven Sabbatical week of years before the revealing of the messiah have tingled in our ears with greater and greater meaning as that day approaches. Let us read this prophecy:
Sanhedrin 97a – “Rebi Yochanan said: In the generation that Ben Dovid will come, talmidei chachamim, the “pupil of wisdom” known as the Torah sage or scholar, will decrease, and the eyes of the remainder will protrude from sighing and sorrow; many chastisements and many evil decrees will be renewed; one will not cease before another begins.”
Then the prophecy continues to outline in miniature vignettes, what will happen on each preceding year before the final revealing or the coming of the Maschiah ben Dovid (Messiah son of David). So let us continue to read and plug in the dates of this present Sabbatical Week of Years between Rosh Hashanah 2008, when the G-d of Israel wrote the Number of His Name on the walls of Wall Street and open the secular year of 2009. This heralded the era of the economic collapse of the nations of the world and the rise of the last global empire; the unified Confederation of Nations called the One World Order. Here is how they relate to the Prophecy of Rebi Yochanan:
- In the first year (2009 starting with Rosh Hashanah 2008), the following prophecy in Amos 4:7 will be fulfilled “I caused it to rain on one city, but, on another city, I did not cause it to rain.
- In the second year (2010, starting with Rosh Hashanah 2009), there will be a “slight famine” in which according to Rashi, “no place will be completely satisfied”.
- In the third year (2011 starting with Rosh Hashanah 2010), “famine will be great, and men, women, children, pious people, and men of good deeds will die; Torah will be forgotten by those who learned it.”
- In the fourth year (2012, starting with Rosh Hashanah 2011), “some will be satiated while others are not.”
- In the fifth year (2013, starting with Rosh Hashanah 2012), there will be plenty and people will eat, drink, and be joyous, and the Torah will return to those who learned it.”
- In the sixth year (2014, starting with Rosh Hashanah 2013), there will be voices which according to Rashi depict either the blowing of the shofars (war) or the hints and voices about the coming of the messiah.
- In the seventh year (2015, starting with Rosh Hashanah 2014), there will be war.”
Then in the eight year, 2016, starting with Rosh Hashanah 2015, according to the traditions of the Jews concerning the coming of the messiah, the messiah will be fully revealed. The full revelation of the coming of the messiah could happen at any time after the beginning of the 8th year that comes after the completion of the last Sabbatical Week of Years where the 8th year is the Year of Jubilee.
As it was in the days of the days of the Kings of United Israel and later the Kingdom of Judah, the regnal year of the king began not on the day he assumed and mounted the throne of Judah, but the Jewish year after the next Rosh Hashanah. So also, if King Messiah is fully revealed in the 8th year of this Sabbatical Week of Years, which happens to be the Jubilee Year after the Jews gained control of all Israel (1967-2017), the regnal year of the Messianic Kingdom of G-d will be at the completion of the Jubilee Year of 2016, when the ancient Hebrew life starts anew, and the ancestral tribal lands are returned back to their original owners, the Messianic Era of King Messiah in HaShem’s Planetary Capital of our Solar System in the city of Jerusalem. The reign of King Messiah will begin in the Jewish year beginning with Rosh Hashanah 2016, or the literal year as we know it to be; the Year of 2017.
We were tantalized in November, 2012, when rains began to fall after Succot and the Sea of Galilee that had been hovering for a decade over the Black Line, where no more water could be taken from the lake, the energies of those with “eyes that can see” were quickened. So Destination Yisra’el posted the following blog, titled, “Has the Israeli Drought ended? – Are we to Prepare for the Latter Rain while the Rest of the World is Reaping Judgment?”. So now in December and into the first week of January, 2013, we realized that in the year of 2012, the perception of the Jews in the State of Israel were truly becoming “joyous” and the Torah began to be spoken with greater and greater reverence as it returned “to those who learned it.” The prophecy of the famous Sage of Yavne, Rabbi Yochanan ben Zakai appeared to be coming true.
We witnessed this fact in the year of 2010, when Rebbe Yochanan’s prophesy stated, “Famine will be Great” and wrote about it on July 24, 2010 in the blog titled, “Water Wars and a Dying Sea of Galilee – a New Apocalypse for Israel”. And then on November 18, 2010, going into the year of 2011, we saw the fulfillment of this prophesy as documented in the blog, titled, “Rabbi Yochanan’s Sanhedrin Prophecy: Six Years before the Messiah, Severe Drought and a Spiritual Famine will Grip Israel as many Torah Sages will die”, and realized that we were continuing on track in the ‘footprints of the messiah” towards the final “end of days.”
When the year of 2012 was approaching, Destination Yisra’el wrote again in November 21, 2011, the blog titled, “Has the Israeli Drought ended? – Are we to Prepare for the Latter Rain while the Rest of the World is Reaping Judgment?” We taunted ourselves with the question, “Will the Predicted Eighth Year of Drought in Israel be Broken in 2012?” on January 21, 2012 and then considered on March 31, 2012, the concepts of the “Spiritual Blindness” in the Fourth Year before the Coming of the Messiah”.
Now today, the rain is falling, the snow is covering the mountain slopes of Mount Hermon. If the rain is sufficient this year and the water table climbs back up above the “Red Line”, then water from the Degania Dam below Lake Kinneret (Sea of Galilee) that divides the Lake Kinneret from the Jordan River may have to be released and once again not seen since the days of the Oslo Accord in 1993, the raging waters will again sweep down the Jordan River.
The fields of Shomron, the tribal homeland of the Tribe of Ephraim will be covered with flowers and the green grass upon the land that had withered and lain forgotten for centuries will begin sprouting its first the blades of grass. The vineyards in Judea will begin to ripen with the bounties of G-d’s blessings. We will then begin to ponder seriously, is it time that HaShem’s promise that He would restore again the Mountains of Israel in Shomron and Judea back again Gan Eden (Garden of Eden) has finally come?
Ezekiel 36:6 24- - “Therefore, prophesy concerning the Land of Israel and say to the mountains and to the hills, to the streams and to the valleys, ‘Thus said the L-rd Hashem/Elohim: I have lifted My hand, that the nations surrounding you will bear their shame, but you, O mountains of Israel will give forth your branch and bear your fruit for My people Israel, for they are soon to come…
I will make people numerous upon you – the entire House of Israel, all of it; the cities will be inhabited and the ruins will be rebuilt. I will multiply man and animal upon you, and they will multiply and be fruitful; I will make you inhabited as in your earlier times, and I will make it better than it was at your beginning… I will cause man to walk upon you – My people Israel – and they will inherit you. Then you will be theirs for a possession, and you will no longer be bereaved of them…
Thus said the L-rd Hashem/Elohim: It is not for you sake that I act, O House of Israel, but for My holy Name, that You have desecrated among the nations where you came….I will take you from among the nations and gather you from all the lands, and I will bring you to your own soil…I will put My spirit within you, and I will make it so that you will follow My decrees and guard My ordinance and fulfill them. You will dwell in the land that I gave to your forefathers, you will be a people to Me, and I will be a G-d to you.
On the day when I cleanse you from all your iniquities, I will cause the cities to be inhabited and the ruins will be built…People will say, “This very land, which had been desolate, has become like the Garden of Eden; and the ruined desolate and demolished, cities have been fortified, inhabited! The nations that remain around you will know that I, Hashem, have rebuilt the ruins and I have replanted the wasteland; I, Hashem, have spoken and I shall act.”
In the fourth year (2012, starting with Rosh Hashanah 2011), “Some will be Satiated (Satisfied) while Others are not.”
The Sanhedrin Prophecy of Rebi Yochanan brilliantly described the year of 2012, when it stated, “Some will be Satiated (Satisfied) while Others are not.” Little did we know that the year of 2012 would become a pendulum, swinging back and forth as the population of Israeli leftists headquartered predominately in Tel Aviv and the Jerusalem metropolitans, who felt that they were immune to missile attacks, were targeted by rocket and missile attacks during the summer and fall of 2012? The arrogance of the left-wing populations centered on Tel Aviv began to fade as they came to a certain reality that the Palestine populations that they were so eager to give away the biblical lands of their forefathers did not come with the mantle of “Peace”, but rather with the black flags of death and destruction.
At the same time, there was an ebullience of excitement with the Israeli patriots and pioneers in Shomron and Judea. When the Israel-Gaza War called the “Pillar of Defense” began in November 2012, the 75,000 reservists that were called to potentially have to protect the State of Israel was met with a flood of upwards to over 110,000 young patriotic Israelis wanting to be a part of what appeared to be mega-shift in the spiritual mandate of Israel. Maybe the “Eight Day War” would begin the “footsteps of the Messiah” and the population of Israel would begin its final trek towards the soon to come Messianic Age?
Yet, when the short lived war ended eight days later in what appeared to be a stalemate or another Islamic hudna, despair did not grip the patriotic hearts of the “lovers of Israel” but rather, joy began to swell within them that now with new elections, they could affirm the new political, social and spiritual direction for the State of Israel. Maybe now would be a true prophetic signs that the Jewish people would choose to take charge of their own destiny.
Right smack in the middle of the year, on July 4, 2012, when the Lost Ten Tribes of the House of Israel were celebrating their 236th anniversary of the “Declaration of Independence” in America, a panel headed by the retired High Court Justice in Israel, Edmund Levy, called the “Levy Report” concluded that “from a historical and legal prospective, and considering agreements with the Palestinian Authority, the international law against ‘occupation’ does not apply to Judea and Samaria”, for its status was not that of a nation in 1967.
The floodgates of messianic zeal began to penetrate the hearts and minds of G-d’s stalwart and dedicated people that saw Israel as the “Light on the Hill” and will soon be beckoning the “Lost Ten Tribes of the House of Israel” home. For them it was time to grasp with emuna (faith) that the days of the messiah were now upon us. It was time to consider the political options of leaving the world’s opinion of “Jewish occupation” in the dust bins of history and instead grasp onto the mandate of the Divine; “take possession” and “proclaim sovereignty” of the land which the G-d of Israel promised to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
It appears that to justify even the existence of the State of Israel, eventually the citizens of Israel will have to proclaim that the political center of Israeli politics should eventually become the Torah mandates and covenant given to their forefathers by the G-d of Israel. For the rest of the world this would be a “radical shift” of even world politics and an anathema against the fact the Middle East oil governs the politics of the world.
The entire jockeying for power gives visible recognition that the Israeli political left is crumbling as Tzipi Livni’s Hatnua Movement may no longer be a political party. Even Livni’s Kadima Party associates, the current Knesset’s largest faction, barely is passing the litmus test for the minimum vote threshold to remain as a political party, so they may fade off into Israel’s political past.
Livni’s political legacy appears will carry the Sharon’s mantle for the destruction of the Jewish Orthodox presence in the Gaza region for she was a strong supporter of the unilateral Disengagement Plan in 2005. This singular act brought Hamas to power in Gaza. Livni also negotiated on the division of Jerusalem and gave no credence to the true patriots and pioneers in Israel; the settlers in Shomron and Judea. As such, “measure for measure” the G-d of Israel withdrew His protecting hand of mercy and precipitated thousands of rockets to eventually fall on Israeli cities
The once invincible domination of the Likud Party alliances under Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu, the most recent called the Likud-Beytenu began to crack not by the power and potency of the political left but by the strong religious Jewish nationalist’s supporting the Jewish political party called the Jewish Home (Bayit Yehudi), that was showing vibrant new leadership under the direction of Naftali Bennet.
Netanyahu’s wavering refusal to officially accept the “Levy Report” and protect the Jewish new hometowns in Shomron and Judea has cost Netanyahu his political reputation. The question does he have the mandate to be the spiritual leader like King David for the Israeli pioneering settlers in Israel also. Touted in some corners as being possibly the long awaited “Maschiah ben Yosef” to carry Israel through in time of war, that day may be soon coming in 2016.
Outside of the ultra-liberal Meretz Party, the Israeli left have only the fading Israel Labor Party headed by the former journalist, Shelly Yachimovich, who is now be attacked not by Israel’s political right but by her own labor party members. Carrying forth the social justice mandates of the Labor leftists, Yachimovich’s social justice agenda have superseded the traditions Israeli conflict-related issues like Israeli security and the “Two-State” issues that has kept Israel in the international news for decades.
According to Gidi Grinstein of the Re’ut Institute, a nonprofit policy group in Tel Aviv, he states that the Yachimovich’s political social justice agenda flies in the face of what he calls the “triple whammy” crisis that is facing the Israeli middle class; stagnating real income, the declining quality and quantity of government services, and the rising cost of living.
This is now just the Labor Party’s crisis but influenced by all parties that in his words were; “25 years in the making—the result of failed privatization and regulation efforts, which led to a concentration of economic power in few private hands; an electoral system that grants disproportionate political influence to select groups, such as settlers, labor unions, and the ultra-orthodox; as well as a heavy defense burden.”
Once a voter for the Hadash, a Communist, bi-national party, Yachimovich appears to be the last vanguard of the Israeli political left. Targeting plenty of enemies, she also had not sought to initiate the social-justice mandates of the G-d of Israel through the Hebrew prophets of old, but rather the socialist agenda of the modern age with the politics to match. Now as the first woman to helm a political party since Golda Meir, Yachimovich has also cultured a political aura which Michael A. Cohen in his article in the Tablet Magazine titled; “The Death of the Party” states:
Michael A. Cohen – “As a close Labor ally said to me off the record, ‘She is not attractive, but she radiates toughness. She will cut someone’s throat if she needs to.’”
And so what he was hearing in the power chambers in Israel about Shelly Yachimovich were phrases such as these:
“Shelly Yachimovich is a traitor.”
“She is a horrible person.”
“She is deeply cynical.”
“She is the shallowest party leader that Labor has ever had.”
“For the peace camp she is the worst nightmare—a modern-day Golda Meir. She is serious about nothing.”
As Michael Cohen summarized:
Michael A. Cohen – “What is most remarkable about these comments, uttered by a collection of activists, analysts, a former Labor member of Knesset, and a top political reporter, isn’t their venom. This is Israeli politics, after all. What’s most striking—and underscores a problem much deeper than the usual back-and-forth of daily politics—is that they were not uttered by Shelly Yachimovich’s right-wing opponents, but by the Labor Party leader’s nominal left-leaning allies."
What we have today is that Yachimovich and the Labor Party’s refuses to talk about the major international issues that the anti-Israel media blasts against the Zionist State of Israel;
- The purported “occupation of Palestinian territories” instead of the “biblical homeland of the Jews and the Lost Ten Tribes of the House of Israel,
- The failure of the “Two-State Solution” because of the failure of the Palestinian Arabs to even accept Yachimovich and her State of Israel’s right to exist, or even;
- The major security issues facing the State of Israel whether it be from Assad’s Syria, Hassan Nasrallah’s Hizbullah in Lebanon, Ahmed Ahmadinejad’s Iran, or the Muslim Brotherhood’s President Muhammed Morsi in Egypt, and;
- The “Peace Camp” leader has not proposed any answers of the broader litmus test questions needed for a “Good Shepherd” representing G-d caring for His “sheep” in Israel as spoken about by the Prophets of Israel.
Rain and Snow in Israel in Jerusalem between the Years of 2010 to 2012
- During the week ending with January 19, the water table in the Sea of Galilee (Lake Kinneret) rose over a half of an inch (0.6) in only twenty four hours, as rain started pelting the northern regions of Israel near Galilee.
- The week earlier, snow blessed the slopes of Mount Hermon and for the first time in 2011-2012, the slopes of Mount Hermon were opened to skiing as three feet of snow covered the lower slopes and five feet covered the upper.
- During that same week, the entire country of Israel was drenched with rain raising the level of Lake Kinneret by 4.3 inches. By the end of the week of January 19, the Sea of Galilee was 14.6 inches below the “Red Line”, still 2.3 inches lower than the level of the Sea of Galilee stood beginning the summer of 2011.
The “Red Line” is the point of caution when no water should be drawn out of the lake. By mid-January, it was still above the “Black Line”, set at 215 meters below sea level, where no more water can be pumped out of the lake. The reason for that level is that salt springs at the bottom of the basin of the Sea of Galilee that are suppressed by the pressure of the heavy water could salinate the only sweet water source in the entire State of Israel. Yet, the country was feeling slight relief and appeared to fit the prophetic message almost two thousand years ago, but Rebbe Yohanan; “Some will be Satiated while Others are Not.”
- It was on December 11, 2010 that the water level of Lake Kinneret dropped perilously close to reaching the “Black Line” when it dropped to 214.12 meters below sea level. The lowest level in modern history that the Sea of Galilee dropped was on November 29, 2001 when it reached the level of 214.87 meters below sea level.
- During the searing heat of summer of 2010, the water level in Lake Kinneret that started the summer at 16.9 inches above the “Red Line” was only 56.9 inches away from the “Black Line” where no more water could be pumped out. By the first month of 2012 was making its debut, the State of Israel still needed 15 feet of water to bring Lake Kinneret to its non-drought status.
- The official weather forecasters for Israel had forecasted that the year of 2012 was going to be an “arid” year. At this time, the water supply in Israel stood at roughly 2 billion cubits meters of water. By the first week of January only 72% of the multi-year average rainfall had fallen over the winter season which normally is the time of the year when the G-d of Israel blesses its land with rain in preparation for the spring harvest season of barley just before Pesach (Passover) in the Spring.
- By mid-January, 2012, the White Winter Snow on Mount Hermon sent the Israeli skiers racing to the slopes as heavy rainstorms drenched the entire country, and blizzards covered the slopes of the Golan Heights closing all major roads over the Shabbat during that weekend. It also blanketed Mount Hermon with 100 percent of the average rainfall for the winter month of January during those few days.
- The State of Israel was also breaking another national record. The all-time record for electricity occurred on Sunday, the 22nd, reaching 11,100 megawatts forcing the Israeli Electric Company to call for the Israelis to decrease consumption after blackouts rolled across Israel.
That’s the way it was in the years of 2010-2012. Even so, the seven year drought water ban remained in effect even as the snow and rain fell in the Tzfat region of Northern Galilee feeding the thirsty plants and trees in this parched region during a relative dry winter.
The water ban was expected to continue until the water table of Lake Kinneret reached above the “Red Line”, a line in which the beautiful Sea of Galilee was still 44 cm below drought standards. While Mount Hermon and the Galilee region were flooding, the southern regions of the Negev in the arid south were still 70% below its average rainfall, according to the National Meteorological Service.
- Then on Sunday, January 22, 2012, a “wicked winter storm” swooped down over Israel and inundated the “Land” with rain, snow and hail. Mount Hermon was “snowed in” and record snow was recorded upon the higher regions of Gush Etzion and along the southern “hill country” of Hevron (Hebron) the city of the Tombs of the Patriarchs. Another four inches of snow covered Mount Hermon in only two hours, trapping numerous arriving skiers in their cars.
- While the northern regions were receiving showers in abundance, the parched region in the Northern Negev and in the region south of Be’er Sheva remained rain free. At the same time the water table of the Sea of Galilee continued to climb. It was now only 4.5 feet (137.16 cm) below the level in which the dams would have to be opened in order to prevent flooding in the lakeside town of Tiberius.
The Jordan River Valley north of the Sea of Galilee – Photo by Ferrell Jenkins
In a natural depression that runs from Northern Syria, through Lebanon, along the Israel Jordan Valley, through the Dead Sea into the Gulf of Eilat/Aqaba and all the way down into Eastern Africa is the largest fracture of the crust on Planet Earth. In the upper regions of the Great Rift Valley, Patriarch Abraham, after being visited by three emissaries from G-d, witnessed this whole region called the beautiful Vale of Siddim go up into an inferno with sulphur bolides of fire. This only came after the angelic emissaries rescued his nephew, Lot with his two daughters from the region of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Today, the natural depression that runs from northern Syria, through Lebanon, Israel/Jordan, continuing into the Gulf of Eilat/Aqaba, into eastern Africa, we can witness the same upper regions of the Great Rift Valley.
Looking down in an aerial view, we see the region south of Lake Huleh and the Sea of Galilee in the far distance. There is the Jordan River descending from north to south, with the waters of Mount Hermon cascading down them in a torrent descending in ten miles from 230 feet above sea level to 700 feet below sea level, a descent of 930 feet. As Nelson Glueck described in his book title, “The Jordan River”, he wrote:
Nelson Glueck – “…it tears out on a run that, for some distance, brooks no restraint. It tumbles and cascades almost continuously through a forbidding, black basalt gorge. Foaming and muddy, it bursts out of the ravine. Then, collecting itself somewhat, it wriggles its way for about another mile through a small plain and a delta of its own making into the clear waters of the Lake of Galilee. (The Jordan River, 35)
And so in early January, 2013, a “fierce winter storm that had been raging since Friday” pounded the countryside of Israel harder than ever. It caused major power outages and widespread flooding” according to the Times of Israel. As they wrote; “Schools are closed in the Golan Heights and parts of the West Bank, and Jerusalem is bracing to don white.” This was to be the “wettest start to an Israeli winter in 20 years (at least!).”
In the Jerusalem Post on January 8, 2013, the headline was “Tel Aviv underwater: Rain brings city to halt,” as the listed the following implications upon the land that was called “Holy”.
- “Tel Aviv braced for further floods Tuesday afternoon, even as the city began to recover from a morning in which its main traffic artery and rail services ground to a halt due to fierce storms that hit much of Israel. The rains were so powerful on Tuesday morning that flooding caused the closure of Tel Aviv's main artery – the Ayalon Highway, or Highway 20 – as well as the city's train stations.”
- ”Traffic in the entire railway system was slowed due to the weather and low visibility, and the company requested the public only use trains in urgent cases. By mid-morning, the Herzliya train station was also shut down.”
- “Northward, the Kishon River and Drainage Authority reported the riverbed area receiving thus far in the storm a total of 250 millimeters of rain, an irregular quantity not seen in this drainage basin for two decades.”
- “Outside of the Tel Aviv region, roads were closed all over the country…particularly in the North and Center.”
- “Northward, the Kishon River and Drainage Authority reported the riverbed area receiving thus far in the storm a total of 250 millimeters of rain, an irregular quantity not seen in this drainage basin for two decades.”
- “Lake Kinneret stood at 211.5 meters below sea level, just 2.7 meters from being filled and a 22-centimeter rise from the morning before.”
- Throughout the week, the weather forecast stated; “temperatures will probably drop even further, with showers and storms as well as extremely strong winds all over Israel. Snow will likely continue to fall over Mount Hermon, the northern mountain peaks and the central mountain peaks – including those of Jerusalem and potentially those in the Negev.”
According to the Israeli Business News, “Globes”;
Globes - “The Water Authority estimates that the rainfall will add another 30 centimeters to the Kinneret’s water level in the next three days. We had hoped for large amounts of rain, but we were surprised by how long and how strong the storm system has been—seven days of rain…This is an amazing rate, and we can’t remember anything like it for a decade. There’s a chance that the Kinneret will fill up. It might happen if February is like January, but it’s tough to call.”
Over the decades, the Jewish people and the Lost Tribes of Israel who are predominately of the Christian faith have often prayed for the G-d of Israel to give Israel more rain. They know that this is one of the major “signs” of the end times. For now almost a decade the subterranean aquifers under Israel have been declining precipitously and water rationing has become a burden upon the citizens of Israel.
In the year of 2013: “There will be Plenty and People will Eat, Drink, and be Joyous, and the Torah will Return to Those who Learned it.”
By January 11, 2013, as reported in Arutz Sheva (Israel National News) in the article titled, “Storms brought 200% of Seasonal Rainfall” it reported that:
- Numerous parts of Israel received 200 millimeters (7.87 inches) of rain while others received upwards to 300 (11.8 inches).
- In Northern Israel, the storms that brought both rain and now, did bring the rainfall level to 180-230 % of the average seasonal rain.
- Central Israel received well above average rainfall with a total of 150-200% of normal seasonal average.
- More than 20 centimeters of snow (7.9 inches) fell in the Golan Heights region.
- The Hills of Gush Etzion region and the metropolitan region of Jerusalem to its north received 10-20 centimeters (3.9-7.9 inches) of snow.
- The Jordan River Valley in the north received 130-150 millimeters (around 5.5 inches) of rain, while in the Southern Jordan River Valley region, received 70 millimeters (2.75 inches).
- Snow was even reported in the desert regions of Northern Negev.
- The snowfall in early January was also unusual, as it was almost five years since the last blizzard of snow fell over Israel (2008); and that storm was five years after the “last of its kind. (2003)”
- According to national weather statistics; this is the 5th time in modern Israel history that the State of Israel has received 6-7 days of straight rain; the winters of 1964-1967 and 1968-1969, before and after the 6-Day War that gave Independence to Jerusalem from occupation and control of the Arab nation of Jordan plus the years 1991-1992 and 1994-1994, before and after the Oslo Accord.
The question we have to ask is the G-d of Israel making a political statement to the Israeli Jewish population and their political leaders that the Jewish people will be reelecting in about ten days, saying, “Trust Me, the G-d of Israel, with your future? Declare sovereignty over the entire Land of Israel that I have given to you to this date. If you will honor Me, I will bless you, and not only fulfill your dreams, but will open up the lands that were under the control and domination of Kings David and Solomon for soon (and maybe even now), I will redeem the “mountains of Israel” and will begin the restoration of the Lost Ten Tribes of the House of Israel.”
Review of the Sanhedrin Prophecy of Rebbe Yochanan
According to the prophecy of Rebbe Yochanan noted above in the Talmudic portion called the “Sanhedrin”, it was noted that if this is the last Sabbatical Week of Years between Rosh Hashanah 2008 and Rosh Hashanah 2015, then the following events would occur in the years following those Rosh Hashanah shofar warnings:
- In the year of 2009: “I caused it to rain on one city, but, on another city, I did not cause it to rain.”
- In the year of 2010: “there will be a “slight famine” in which according to Rashi, “no place will be completely satisfied”.
- In the year of 2011: “famine will be great, and men, women, children, pious people, and men of good deeds will die; Torah will be forgotten by those who learned it.”
- In the year of 2012: “some will be satiated while others are not.”
- In the year of 2013: “There will be plenty and people will eat, drink, and be joyous, and the Torah will return to those who learned it.”
- In the year of 2014: “There will be voices which according to Rashi depict either the blowing of the shofars (war) or the hints and voices about the coming of the messiah.”
- In the year of 2015: “There will be war (GogUMogog or Armageddon).”, then
- In the year of 2016, If HaShem wills, redemption will come in its fullness of time, with full revealing of the Messiah. Then;
- In the year of 2017, If the Maschiah ben Dovid (Messiah son of David) is revealed, the Messianic Kingdom of Heaven on Planet Earth will be inaugurated.
If Rebbe Yochanan's prophecy is right on track, coming by bi’etah or “in its time with harsh judgments and great catastrophes”, we might actually see experiencing in the Land of Israel a strange phenomenon that will rally the true pioneers and patriots of Israel; a new and elevated state of consciousness as their spiritual neshama souls begin to make contact with their physical body soul.
Would it be an amazing event if the following prophecy would occur in the Land of Isarel in 2013?
Zechariah 8:19-23 – “Thus said HaShem, master of legions:
- Fast of the 4th Month; 17th of Tammuz (June 25, 2013) – The Fast of Tammuz when the city of Jerusalem was captured by Babylon
- Fast of the 5th Month; 9th of Av (July 16, 2013) – Commemorating the Destruction of the Two Temples
- Fast of the 7th Month; 3rd of Tishri (September 8, 2013) – Commemorating the Assassination of the Prince of David, Gedaliah, Nebuchadnezzar’s Governor of Judea
- Fast of the 10th Month; 10th of Tevet (December 13, 2013) – Commemorating the Siege of Jerusalem by the Armies of Nebuchadnezzar that will be to the House of Judah for joy and for gladness and for happy festivals. [Only] love truth and peace!
Thus said HaShem, Master of legions: ‘It will yet be that peoples will come, as well as inhabitants of many cities. The dwellers of one [city] will go to [those of ] the other, saying, ‘Let us go and supplicate before HaShem and seek out HaShem, Master of Legions!’ [They will answer,], ‘I, too will go!’ Many peoples and mighty nations will come to seek out HaShem, Master of Legions, in Jerusalem and to supplicate before Hashem.
Thus said HaShem, Master of Legions; ‘In those day it will happen that Ten Men (representing the Lost Ten Tribes of the House of Israel), of all the [different] languages of the nations, will take hold, they will take hold of the corner of the garment (tzitzit) of a Jewish man, saying, ‘Let us go with you, for we have heard that G-d is with you!”
Are we being foolhardy to suggest that in this year of 2013, the Jewish rabbanim may call forth to all the Jews in the world that the following “days of mourning” will be changed from “Days of Mourning” to “Festivals of Joy and Gladness” with only One Mitzvot; “Love Truth and Peace?” Watch for these dates, and pray for G-d’s revealing of His redemption.
Somewhere during these coming years, the following will happen:
Zechariah 10:1-12 - “Request rain of HaShem in the season of the late rains (latter rains), [of] HaShem Who makes rainclouds; and He will provide them a shower of rain, for each man, herbage in the field.
For the teraphim [Oracles used by idolaters to divine the future] speak words of nothingness, the diviners see falsehoods, and dreamers speak lies; they comfort with meaningless words [metaphor for the leaders of the community]. Therefore, they have wandered off like sheep; they are humbled, for there is no shepherd.
My anger is kindled against the shepherds (the Leaders of Israel), and I will punish the he-goats (the Jewish regional leaders acting without G-d’s advice and prophesies. For HaShem, Master of Legions, has remembered his flock; the House of Judah. He will make them like a horse whose glory is in war. From themselves the cornerstone; from themselves the peg; from themselves the bow of war; from themselves all the leaders will come forth together.
They will be like warriors trampling [of their enemies] in the mud of the streets in war; they will wage war, for HaShem will be with them; and the [enemy] riders of horses will be put to shame.
I will give power to the House of Judah and I will save the house of Joseph; I will settle them, for I will have mercy upon them, and they will be as it I had not rejected them; for I am Hashem their G-d, and I will answer them.
Ephraim will be like a mighty warrior and their hearts will be glad as with wine…I will whistle to them and gather them, for I have redeemed them. And they will become as numerous as they had been numerous.
I had sowed them among the nations, and they remembered me in faraway places; so they will live, with their children, and they will return. I will bring them back from the land of Egypt; I will gather them in from Assyria; I will bring them to the land of Gilead and Lebanon, there will not be enough room for them…I will give Israel power through Hashem, and they will walk with His Name, the word of Hashem.”
Addendum and Report - On the 13th day of January, 2013, as this blog is posted, it had been reported that the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee) had risen by the eve of Shabbat 78 centimeters (30.7 inches) of water. The surface water of the Kinneret was expected to rise by another 50 centimeters (19.7 inches or 0.5 meters) as the rain-swollen rivers drain into the Sea of Galilee.
As was reported in the Times of Israel on December 10, 2013, that Lake Kinneret had received over 100 million tons of water from rain and the lake would continued to rise alone by the snow dumped upon Mount Hermon to the north. Here are the statistics:
- 208.9 m below Sea Level: The Water Level needed in the Sea of Galilee (Lake Kinneret) to Open the Dam Gates and Pour Water into the Jordan River
- 211.3 m. below Sea Level: Water Level on the Sea of Galilee on January 11, 2013; deficit 2.4 m.
- Estimate increase Lake Kinneret from Rainfall only: 50 cm. or 19.68 in; deficit 1.9 m. water
- Estimated increase Lake Kinneret from Snow melt still to be calculated during the spring.
Times of Israel – “The relentless heavy rain that poured down on Israel since the weekend added 69 centimeters to the level of the Sea of Galilee — with a rise of 14 centimeters in the last 24 hours alone, the Israel Water Authority said on Thursday. Amir Givati, Director of Surface Water at the Hydrological Service of the Water Authority, told The Times of Israel that the rainstorm has added an estimated 100 million cubic meters of water to the lake.
The Sea of Galilee, also known as the Kinneret, is Israel’s largest source of fresh water. Though the rains are expected to abate later Thursday, Givati said the lake would continue to rise as melting snow from the north fed into the reservoir. Givati estimated the Sea of Galilee would take in millions more tons of water, raising it by dozens of centimeters over the next several days.
Parts of the Golan Heights and the Galilee received over a meter of snow in the last several days as Israel’s heaviest winter storm in decades blew through. On Wednesday, the lake’s level went up by 16 centimeters. The enormous amount represents about a third of the average for an entire year, Givati said, and added that annual rain adds about 320 million cubic meters of water to the lake, pushing up the level by around 1.5 meters.
Despite the bountiful rain so far, the Sea of Galilee’s level is still 2.40 meters (211.3 meters below sea level) below the high-water mark (208.9 meters below sea level), the point at which Degania Dam is opened to allow an increased flow into the Jordan River and prevent the lake from flooding the city of Tiberias and other towns along its coast. Last month, the water level rose by its highest amount for a December since 1994 (Post Oslo Accord days).
Pray with Joy and Gladness: The G-d of Israel is Providing the “Latter Rains” for Israel
Rabbi Yochanan ben Zakai: “In the year of 2013: “There will be Plenty and People (of Israel) will Eat, Drink, and be Joyous, and the Torah will Return to Those who Learned it.”
You might Want to Read: Destination Yisra’el articles on the “Drought and the Latter Rain” in the Land of Israel -
“Water Wars and a Dying Sea of Galilee – a New Apocalypse for Israel” – July 17, 2010
“Will the Predicted Eighth Year of Drought in Israel be Broken in 2012?” – January 21, 2012
“Spiritual Blindness” in the Fourth Year before the Coming of the Messiah” – March 31, 2012
You might Want to Read:
Jewish Virtual Library – “Fasting and Fast Days”
Hebcal (Hebrew Calendar) – “Jewish Holiday and Calendar for 2012-2013”
Hebcal (Hebrew Calendar) – “Jewish Holiday and Calendar for 2013-2014”
Hebcal (Hebrew Calendar) – “Jewish Holiday and Calendar for 2014-2015”
Hebcal (Hebrew Calendar) – “Jewish Holiday and Calendar for 2015-2016”
Hebcal (Hebrew Calendar) – “Jewish Holiday and Calendar for 2016-2017”
Hebcal (Hebrew Calendar) – “Jewish Holiday and Calendar for 2017-2018”
May the Maschiah be Dovid come Speedily!
The G-d of Israel is working with imperfect people in order to restore this planet to a messianic era in which our lives can be focused on holiness, righteousness and justice. If so, you might desire to reconnect with the Biblical portrayals of what is and will be happening in your near future.
This Biblical portrayal includes Prophecies that the Lost Tribes of the House of Israel are about to return to the Land of their Biblical Inheritance. This is Divine Destiny in living reality as the 10 Lost Tribes of Israel return to their Homelands first in Shomron (Samaria), Israel.
If you want to learn more, Contact “Kol Ha Tor Vision”, the Voice of the Turtledove. Here is a joint Orthodox Jewish and 10-Triber Mission to bring awareness of the imminent fulfillment of the Biblical Prophecies regarding the Redemption of all Israel (12 Tribes Re-conciled and Re-United). This super Event of all Times will entail Establishing the Shomron (the Ancient Bible Heartland of the Patriarchs) and the Judean Wilderness as part of the Land of Israel, and preparing the “Land” for the Return of the Lost Tribes of the House of Israel and then the Redemption of All Israel.
For inquiries about Kol Ha Tor Vision for the Lost Tribes of Israel, Visit – “Shomron Lives!”,a Spiritual Retreat and Guest House in Samaria, that hosts Shomron (Samaria) Tours to reacquaint the Returning Lost Tribers of the House of Israel.