Giulio Meotti – “The echo of the Temple Mount crime, which is the fact that it is a crime for a Jew to mention God's name on the site, should reverberate in the Western world and in the mind of any cultured person, regardless of his religious identity. In the Jewish world's most sacred site, the rules, imposed by the Islamic Wakf with the cooperation of the Israeli police, are enforcing racism, anti-Semitism and Stalinism.
The Israeli government should apply the 1967 law for the Protection of the Holy Places, paragraph 2(b), setting a five-year jail term for "whosoever does anything likely to violate the freedom of access of the members of the different religions to the places sacred to them or their feelings with regard to those places".
It is time to mobilize international public opinion, at least anyone who cares about decency, truth and freedom, to stop this bulldozing of history.
"If this is a man" was the title of Primo Levi's masterpiece on the Holocaust. Today it should be retitled:
"If this is a Jew on the Temple Mount".
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will be always escorted by two policemen.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will be overshadowed by the Islamic officials, who will walk two or three meters away from you, watching your face and hands all the time.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will be arrested if you stand still too long.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will not be allowed to carry religious paraphernalia.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will see the site used for soccer, picnics, and cheap tourism.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will not be allowed to nod your head.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, your name will be recorded in a notebook or in the "List of Suspects".
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will realize that another people has become the masters of the most sacred Jewish jewel.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will be filmed.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, your religious books will be taken into custody.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will be arrested if you move your lips in prayer.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will be arrested if you say the Shema, which resounded even in the gas chambers.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, your basic rights will be trumped.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, your body will be searched.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will see that everything Jewish has been destroyed or camouflaged.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you won't merit any protest from world Jewish leaders or organizations.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will wait 30 minutes in the blazing sun, until the Sanctuary is "jüdenrein".
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will be arrested if you remove a paper from your pocket and read it.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will feel like a "luftemensch", an "air person" not rooted in the land.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you may be whisked away in handcuffs and treated like a criminal in front of bewildered tourists.
- If you are a Jew on the Temple Mount, you will be arrested even if you close your eyes.
- If this is a Jew who has returned to his homeland...
Primo Levi's book inspired the title of this article about the outrageous situation Jews face on the Temple Mount, whether or not you believe there is a halakhic problem ascending it today - because its Judaic roots are being destroyed irreparably.
The writer, an Italian journalist with Il Foglio, writes a weekly column for Arutz Sheva. He is the author of the book "A New Shoah" that researched the personal stories of Israel's terror victims, published by Encounter. His writing has appeared in publications, such as the Wall Street Journal, Frontpage and Commentary.
Credit to Guilio Meotti – “Op-Ed: If this is a Jew on the Temple Mount” – Israel National News; August 4, 2012
You might Want to Read the Following Destination Yisra’el Article
The facts exist; the G-d of Israel is the ruler of all the Earth. Evil powers under the rule of HaSatan are trying to usurp that rule so that all of Planet Earth will come under the rule of rebellious angelic forces. Hashem’s capital of this solar system is Jerusalem, a place that G-d calls His own in unequivocal terms. The final Drama of the Ages will be over Jerusalem, yet when all hope appears to be lost, the forces of Light will eradicate the forces of darkness. The era of the Messiah will now reign in a era of Torah enlightenment.
If you want to learn more, click the link and Contact “Kol Ha Tor Vision”, the Voice of the Turtledove. Kol Ha Tor is a joint Orthodox Jewish and 10-Triber Mission to bring awareness of the imminent fulfillment of the Biblical Prophecies regarding the Redemption of all Israel (12 Tribes Re-conciled and Re-United). This super Event of all Times will entail Establishing the Shomron (the Ancient Bible Heartland of the Patriarchs) and the Judean Wilderness as part of the Land of Israel, and preparing the “Land” for the Return of the Lost Tribes of the House of Israel and then the Redemption of All Israel.
For inquiries about Kol Ha Tor Vision for the Lost Tribes of Israel, Visit – “Shomron Lives!”, a Spiritual Retreat and Guest House in Samaria.