An Australian colleague recently forwarded me an article by Ralph Peters with the stark title, "Killing Muslims" and of course the prime curiosity is, "Just who all might be involved in this dire deed?" But the sub-title: America needs to publicize al Qaeda's main "achievement", immediately hints at the true identity of those high profiled hit-men.
Ralph Peter's is a retired Lt. Colonel from the US Army, and the thrust of his article is therefore directed toward USA readers, while "we" and "us" refers to Americans. His report is loaded with statistics that the global giant for killing their own people is none other than Osama bin Laden and Co. aka Al Qaeda. Thus, about half my readers being Americans would be directly drawn to Peters' publication, but indirectly, Israel and a fair few of the other nations where these MEAL (Middle East Awareness List) bulletins surface, will also have an equal interest because of the explosion (no pun intended) of Islamic demographics worldwide.
But from Peters' report, here are a few of al Qaeda's gruesome stats, re. the blood letting of their brethren:
· "Al Qaeda does one thing extremely well: killing Muslims. Between 2006 and 2008, only 2 percent of the terror multinational's victims were Westerners. The rest were citizens of Muslim countries, even as al Qaeda claims to be their defender. I've long complained that we fail to capitalize on al Qaeda's blood thirst in our information operations. Al Qaeda (as well as the Taliban and other insurgent groups) slaughters Muslims -- yet we let the media flip the blame to us.
· Bin Laden: 98 percent of those slaughtered by his group are citizens of Muslim nations.
· "Using exclusively Arabic-language media reports and including only those incidents for which al Qaeda proudly claimed responsibility, this scrupulously documented study explodes the myth of al Qaeda as a champion of Muslims:
· "Between 2004 and 2008, only 15 percent of al Qaeda's victims were Westerners, and that number skewed upward because of the Madrid and London attacks.
· "Between 2006 and 2008, a non-Westerner was 54 times likelier to die in an al Qaeda attack than a Westerner..."
Read the rest of Peters' article which is barely over a page long: America needs to publicize al Qaeda's main "achievement" BUT al Qaeda's perverted performance is not exactly what my SPIM (South Pacific Island Ministries) bulletins are about. You can read that stuff in the secular press (Well, if you can find it, that is!). What I prefer to dig out are the ancient Scriptural predictions, that the present Politically Correct publications like to presume are dead in the water. For instance there was the ancient prophecy to Hagar, the mama of Ishmael, one of the charter members of the Saudi Arabian Sands Clubhouse:
Genesis 25:7-12 – “The angel of the Lord found Hagar near a spring in the desert; it was the spring that is beside the road to Shur. And he said, "Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?" "I'm running away from my mistress Sarai," she answered. Then the angel of the Lord told her, "Go back to your mistress and submit to her." The angel added, "I will so increase your descendants that they will be too numerous to count."
The angel of the Lord also said to her: "You are now with child and you will have a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the Lord has heard of your misery. He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers."
Emphasis added, and reading the whole chapter isn't a bad idea! But just in case you read it too fast and missed the main point, let's have an alternate look at Genesis 25:16-18:
Genesis 25:16-18 – “These were the sons of Ishmael, and these are the names of the twelve tribal rulers according to their settlements and camps…His descendants settled in the area from Havilah to Shur, near the border of Egypt, as you go toward Asshur. And they lived in hostility toward all their brothers.”…
Islamophobia? Sorry, this was written eons before Mohammad was ever heard of. Better we call it predicto-phylia! It's good to know what's going to happen! Nor shall we call it predestination. Note that Yeshua rode a domesticated donkey down the Mount of Olives in John 12:12-16 with parallels in Matthew, Mark and Luke. And that's not to mention a few modern scions of both Ishmael and Esau who have recently noted the new insight (to Ishmael) of Isaiah 5:20 as the text will likewise suggest to the rest of us -- the dawning of a new day -- eventually!
Isaiah 5:20 – “Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
By Victor Schlatter – South Pacific Island Ministries – January 2010