American Jewish Silver Ice Dance Medal Winner Charlie White with Partner Meryl Davies compete in the free dance portion of the Ice Dance competition at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics in the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, Canada.
BibleSearchers – While the focus of Destination Yisra’el has been to highlight the impact of the Lost Tribes of the House of Israel upon the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, the Jewish athletes from the House of Judah have also had a great showing. To this effect, Lost Tribers give to the Jewish mothers a “nachas”, which is Yiddish for ‘satisfaction”. The American and Israeli Jewish communities should stand proud for their contributions to world athletic community. The list of Jewish contestants known include:
· Steven Meisler, an American Jews won a gold medal in the four-man bobsled race.
· Charlie White, an American Jew earned a silver medal in ice dancing with his dancing partner, Meryl Davis.
· Ben Agosto, an American Jewish ice dancer won fourth place in ice dancing with dancing partner Tanith Belbin.
· Israeli brother-sister ice dancing duo, Alexandra and Roman Zaretsky earned the 10th place while dancing to the theme music from Schindler’s List.
· Roman Zaretsky competed with a Yarmulke in the Israeli folk dance, “Hava Nagila”.
· Israeli skier Mikail Renzhin finished 35th in the slalom and 55th in the giant slalom.
· Laura Spector, a Jewish biathlete living in Massachusetts, finished in the 65th and the 77th place in her combined cross-country skiing and target shooting competition.
The G-d of the Universe who created man and women with the athletic ability to synchronize music and movement in such a beautiful harmonic way no doubt smiles with great pleasure as He watches His young children reach their highest goals of achievement especially when they do so to the honor of His Holy Name.